Saturday, February 7, 2009

SHAME ON ME

I look so forward to checking every one's blog each day and disappointed when there is not a new post that I haven't read.....now look at me. I have not posted anything in almost a week now. Shame on me! I have been a little busy this week. I had to take Mama to the doctor one day and then I had to go for a check up on my foot another day, and work and so on and so on. Sorry!
I did do a little painting this week, (late night) though. Just some quick stuff. I painted another strawberry guinea. I put some matte gel on it when it dried and now I do not like the way it looks. I may have put to much on it or something. I don't know what happened because I have never had that to happen before. It has white spots on the guinea. It looks foggy in other areas too, but I can live with that. I don't really like her foggy spots though. I am going to try to put a red wash over her and see if that helps and if not, I will just repaint her. NO, I shall not give up!! ....Any suggestions from anyone, please? I would appreciate it.




Here is the other one. Just a quick silhouette of a deer...monochromatic. There is a little glare on the behind of the deer from the flash of the camera...the photographer again. lol

I think I will go work on something now. It may be a frog...who knows. I'll let you see it when it is finished.

Looking forward to any suggestions and I shall say "Tootle Loo" for now, since John Boy is not ready to go to sleep yet.

1 comment:

Rischa said...

Yeah, I've been a blog slacker, too. Shame on us!

I love both of the paintings! I wouldn't touch the dear if it were me. I like simple and that's perfect. If you don't like it then maybe you could do as you said and add some orange or pink/purple to the sky. I wouldn't, though.

The guinnie (sp?)....is the varnish the type that can be taken back off? Read the label...some of that stuff can be taken off. If not, try sanding it if it's hard enough to sand. Or maybe terp? I'm not sure about that as I've never used that stuff. I don't know if a wash over the top would look right? I guess it's better to try that before repainting, though. Oh, and you know what? Everything doesn't have to be perfect to be really cool looking. I like her like she is! Imperfections sometimes make things more interesting. I must be pretty damn interesting with all my imperfections, eh? loL

Love you,
Eba