Sunday, February 1, 2009

BAD PHOTO/PHOTOGRAPHER AND "THE APRON GANG"

The colors on the painting does not show up right at all.... I promise, it looks so much different than the photo makes it look. I don't know if it is my camera or the one operating it....that would be me, of course. Like I have said, several time before, "I am not good at photography". I did have fun painting this though.

I started another one last night. Maybe it will be a better subject of photography to share.

I have to go to Atlanta, with a friend of mine, Pat, tomorrow, for two days to learn how to better entertain the Senior Citizens in our church. Really it sounds like it is going to be interesting. We shall see. I'll let you know when we get back.

Speaking of entertaining the seniors....4 of us, from our church, preformed a little skit one day that was about dressing like our grandmothers and the old time ways. The main idea was about aprons and the many uses they had. It really turned out good and the crowd loved it. Soooooo, now that we are famous, we, "THE APRON GANG" have been invited to other places to preform. We have an engagement, April 21 and 22, in Toccoa, Georgia, and was asked to go down to Perry, Georgia, but we had to decline that one. I am wondering how this is going to turn out. It will be different with people that you don't know. I will let you know when we get back though. Here is a little sneak peak at 2 of our gang.

Yep, that is me sitting down, with my (hot chocolate mix) snuff in my mouth getting ready to spit," pating", in my spittoon. That really was my Grandmother's apron and the way she wore her hair, up in a bun in the back. Little did we know that we would be enjoyed as much as we were. We had fun and it is always very rewarding to see the seniors having a good time. We always feed them a good meal too.

I have chased enough rabbits for tonight, so I shall say "Good Night John Boy".


4 comments:

Rischa said...

I love the painting! Great job! It looks a bit different than in the email you sent me. I think the photo is fine, but you know you can always send them to me to "fix" in PS if you'd like.

LOL @ that photo of you. I still wish I could have seen the performance. :-)

Love you,
Eba

Anonymous said...

I love the rooster Billie, it is great, I know you enjoyed painting it, and stop being so hard on yourself in regards to taking pictures, most of us are not experts, so have fun and keep the pictures coming.

Love Fern

Anonymous said...

P.S. The little snuff spittin' lady is a cutie too, lol

Fern

Anonymous said...

I received in the mail today, from my very special Sunshine Sister, the most wonderfully painted rooster, a special Valentines Day gift, what a complete surprise, I will be out now looking for a special frame to hang it in my kitchen, Billie girl, you are something SUPER special, hey everyone out there this lady is a jewel, I am so so lucky to have her as my friend, even if we are just long distance, and email buddies, we have connected in a very special way, that we and God understand...Thank you Jesus for Billie Ann.

Love You Always, Fern