Friday, February 13, 2009

A TREASURE HIDDEN

I was going through some of my art books yesterday and come across one that I had forgotten that I had. I don't even remember where I got it, unless it was on Ebay...not sure. It is all about textures. This is something that I have been interested in lately. I read most of the book today. I was not feeling good so I just curled up, covered up and read. Now I am ready to try some of it out. I am so excited to have found this treasure. You know how it is when you put something away for safe keeping? This was in a spot that I walk by lots of times, every day, yet it was still hidden from my knowing where it was....So good that I forgot that I had it at all. It is really a good good book. Rischa is going to be proud I found it, 'cause you know I will share it. Here is a picture of the book, in case anyone might want to look for one, or borrow mine, in the case that you are close enough. In case the picture does not come through good enough. The name is; "How To Create Texture In Your Paintings", by Tony Paul. Again, a really good book.

1 comment:

Rischa said...

Yep, you know I'll want to snag it! I'm glad you were able to kick back with this inspirational treasure. I'm also glad you finally blogged again. :-p

Speaking of texture, I joined a class a couple of days ago about creating texture. I'm really LOVING it! I just wish I had all the supplies for it. I'll have to go shopping soon. Anyway, there's a link on the sidebar of my art blog if you want to join, too.

Love you,
Rischa