Saturday, January 3, 2009

ADAM'S PUPPY

This was another rainy, drizzly day. I put a huge pot of spaghetti on to cook just after lunch today. Boy was it good for supper. Yep, Rischa, I will put some in the freezer for you. That is why I cook a large pot full every time, so I can put your name on a bag going your way.

Adam had been looking for another Blue Heeler puppy every since his dog, Dolly died in July. I found him one about 3 weeks ago. The lady called me about lunch time and said that she (the puppy) was ready to leave her mommy; really , the mommy was ready for the puppy to leave her. We went down to Harrison (about 90 miles from here) and picked her up. She is sooooo cute! She has made herself at home with her new home already. She has the cutest personality going on. I hope she will keep it. She also seems to be very smart. I will try to get some pictures of her tomorrow to post. We also have to come up with a name for her. Does anyone have any suggestions???

It was just drizzling going down to Harrison but coming back it was so foggy that you could not see but just a little ways in front of the truck. We had to drive really slow. Yes, I did a lot of praying that God would get us back home safe. As you see, my prayers were answered. In my journal, on each page, there is a Bible verse. Today's said, "Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks". 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18. See God knew He was needed with us even before we left. Thank you God.

It is time to prop my foot, as well as the rest of my body up for about an eight hour nap now. I now shall say "Good Night John Boy"

2 comments:

Denise said...

I don't think I'd be much help with names for the new puppy. I mean...we've had our dog for 14 years and my husband decided to name him "Dave". See what I mean? Not too creative as far as names go. But he is very cute nevertheless. I've never heard of a Blue Healer. Can't wait to see pics! Congrats and thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment.

Rischa said...

Congrats on the new dog to Adam. I was sorry to hear about his leg getting broken today. Poor baby. :'( I'd have cried if I was there to see it.

Thanks for the sketti!! I know it's yummy!

Like Denise, I can't wait to see pics of the pup. Oh, the name thing....I'd go with something that rhymes with Candy, Pandy, Mandy, etc... to stick with tradition. Even though it's not your Blue Healer.

Love you,
Rischa