Thursday, January 1, 2009

GREENS, PEAS, ICE CREAM, AND CEREAL

Did you have your greens and peas today, so you will have good luck and money this year? I did....collards,(that Adam brought me from his garden) peas, corn,(from my garden) pork chops, corn bread and Butterfinger cake. (a good friend brought the cake to us...yummy too) So I am going to have plenty of good luck and money this year because I ate LOTS of all of it. Oink Oink

I made my first entry in my new journal tonight. It brings back memories from my teen years (which was not THAT long ago that I can't remember) when I had a diary. This will be a little different though. It is going to be my "Thankful Journal". I promised myself that I would write down 5 things that I am thankful for, for the day that I am writing. It made me feel good to write them down.

The only thing that got done about my new years resolution was that I opened the door and looked into the room that I have to clean out for making my art studio. That was a start...at least I thought about it. I need to wait till the weather gets a little warmer. Yeah, I am going to do, I am.

Today seems like Sunday. I can't keep the days straight when there is a holiday in the middle of the week....especially since there has been FOOTBALL on all day....Not something that I enjoy!

Since we had a late breakfast, we had a late lunch/early supper and now my tummy says it is ready for a dish of ice cream, instead of milk, with my 'nasty cereal' (Fiber One original) on it. I have called it 'nasty cereal' since Rischa said that it was. lol It really is good and good for you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Going to please my taste buds now, so I will say "Good Night John Boy!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rischa's mom! I took the Gritty Jane cloth and clay doll workshop with her and she said you had just joined the blog world. Welcome. I'm relatively new as well. By the way, the "Thankful Journal" is a great idea. I have 12 year old twins and I ask them each night to come up with 5 things they are thankful for from that day. It really will change your attitude! Take care.

Rischa said...

Collards....*gag*

I'm glad you're writing in your journal and doing the whole "positive" thing with it. I think Oprah said she does that, too. It's a good idea.

gotta run....timer just went off!!!