Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND GENERAL RABBIT CHASING STUFF

First, showing off a few Christmas gifts and then the Rabbit Chase with random stuff.
My friend Pat gave me this beautiful platter for Christmas. I used it to put my smoked pork loin on that I cooked for Christmas dinner. Thanks, Pat
This is my Electronic Bible that Jamie, Jerri, Shelly and Emmy gave me. Thanks, ya'll. I have to learn all the things that it will allow me to do, but the main thing I have figured out already...reading the scripture.
This is my new Journal. Thanks Rischa, Joel and Kolby! I am going to officially start writing in it tomorrow. It is going to be my "Thankful Journal". I am going to reflect on the day, and what I am thankful for that I encountered for that day.
Just had a little carving done on my head, Monday. Throbbing yesterday but better today. Trying to ignore it...but I have been dehorned once again (3rd time) and now I don't have anything to hold up my halo. lol Just thinking about, 3 times on surgery for my foot too. I am going from head to toe. lol "This too shall pass, for tomorrow is but another day."

Shelly and Emmy spent the night with me last night and of course, you know what we have been doing today.....besides playing, nothing much all day, but having fun. We did have to get the horses and dogs ready for the Vet to come do Coggins test on the horses and Rabies vaccine on the dogs. Can you say VET BILL? If you have them, you have to have it done. I just love all of my animal friends and family.
I have been doing a little sketching lately. Since Rischa got me hooked on YouTube art videos, I have had the urge to paint. I have gotten more into Folk Art with the latest things. My new years resolution is to clean out my storage room between my shop and the tanning bed room and make me a place that I can set up all my art stuff and can leave it out and ready for whenever I have an inspiration to hit. That is also a dream that I have had for a while, to have my own little art studio. Yep, I'm gonna do it now. Hey ya'll, help, push, keep me going in that direction, please.
Speaking of Folk Art, the first Folk Art picture that I painted was the very first thing that I painted; a dancing clown with a little umbrella. Then I didn't get back into it till almost 4 years ago when I painted a Strawberry Guinea. I have painted two of them, Adam has the first one and Rischa has the second. The little clown is stuck under my bed, I think. I will take some pictures of some and post them one day maybe. I have given most of them away to my friends and family though.
Well, 2008 has almost finished up. I usually ring in the new year by myself. I watch the ball fall on TV and listen for the fireworks from some of the neighbors. Whoooo Hooooo .....how exciting is that? It keeps me honest! lol
I think I will go eat me a bowl of ice cream with some nasty cereal (as Rischa calls it) on it. Celebrate Celebrate!!!! Eat your way through to the new year. Lot better than drinking and feeling bad tomorrow. Right? Right
Well, I will say "Happy New Year" and" Good Night John Boy"!
















1 comment:

Rischa said...

I just love my Strawberry Ginnie. I'm not sure I spelled that right, but you know what I'm saying. lol I took a picture of it and I'll send it to you so you can feature it on your blog.

I hope you enjoyed that nasty cereal that looks like rabbit pellets! HahahaHehehe

Love you,
Eba

PS Sorry I haven't been commenting. I suck. I haven't even updated my blogs in forever, either. I have been tweeting and doing the 12seconds thing, though. I can do that from my phone. :-P