Sunday, December 7, 2008

CHRISTMAS PARADE; NOW PLAYING AGAIN

We had our big town Christmas parade today. Jerri, Shelly and Emmy went with me to watch. It was not very big at all but what do you expect from such a small town. The girls enjoyed it and got lots of candy thrown their way. Emmy was giving everyone in the parade, her Miss America wave till Santa come riding up on the firetruck. With wide eyes and a huge smile her wave grew larger. That was worth it all. Of course, after the parade they wanted to come home with me, and did. We all three sat in the recliner, eating candy, boiled peanuts and watching Animal Planet and enjoying each other. Yes, I had my foot propped up to the side, out of their reach so everything was fine.
As you see, I have been playing with the background here again. I am just looking around at what can be done, and that I can figure out how to do myself, without messing up. Surprise Surprise, I did it.
I have got to get busy doing some Christmas shopping. Jerri has been so gracious to get Shelly and Emmys for me. That was a help. I have ordered a couple of things on the net. That is just not like getting out there and bumping behinds and shoulders with other shoppers. Although, this year, I want to put my foot in my pocket so no one will step on it. Yikes, that would not be good. It makes me hurt to think of it. I like the shopping to a certain extent. I love getting things for people that I think they may want or/and enjoy. All the preparing and stuff and then it is over in just a little while...a little depressing at that point. There is so much going on that we all tend to not concentrate on the real reason for "Christ"mas. Happy Birthday Jesus!
Going to prop, perch and read a while now. I shall say good night John Boy, once again.

2 comments:

Rischa said...

Great job with the background! You remembered how to do it! WTG!

I wish I could have gone to the parade with you. Sounds fun. No pics? Shame, shame!

I sure don't miss bumping behinds with other shoppers. I'd much rather order it all online. People get too crazy around the holidays for me.

I'm off to bed. I'm late, but I took a nap, so it threw me off. Love you,
Eba

Fern Dollie said...

Hey Sunshine Sister, I really like reading all about you, keep it up,also nice reading what others
have to say to you.
I am sort of ashy person when it comes to others reading about me, it took a long time for me to agree to even let my Samey make a web site for me, which need updating, and I never have learned how to, oh well maybe someday, is a blog the same as a web site? sorry for the stupid question but just don't know for sure.
Okey girl you go, and I will check you out again, Love you Mucherly Fern