Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THINGS TO MAKE YOU GROW




I did get my round tuit today to make the goodies that I had planned to. I made some Mock Turtles and a Butter Pecan Apple Cake with a Caramel glaze. The glaze turned out a little to hard but it tast good. Yes, I licked the pan. The turtles are sooooooo good and so easy to make. I didn't have the right size pretzles but they are still yummmmmy! You are suppose to use the little ones that look like a window. The only ones that I could find are the small bow tie kind. That works but the others are better. Did I hear you say you want the recipe???? Here it is...
Put 1 pretzle then top with a Rolo (there are 8 in a package) then with a pecan half. Put them in a 350* oven for 3 minutes. Remove and mash down slightly. Let cool and then indulge!
We got some much needed rain today but thankfully we did not get any of the flooding and tornados that were predicted for this area.
We did not go to check out the little hunting dog today, like we had planned, because of the bad weather. It will probably be Saturday before we get there. Update whenever!
I think I will call it a night early tonight so I will say Good Night John Boy!







2 comments:

Katie said...

Ooooohh! Yum Yum Yum! I love Rollo's plain, I know I'm going to love these! I can't wait to try it!

Rischa said...

Ditto to what Katie said! Can't wait to try them! Save me some! Tell Kolby "Great job" from me!