Saturday, December 20, 2008

GOODIES THAT MAKE YOU GROW

I just finished making a huge tray of fudge. It is called Six Pound Fudge. I don't know if it is that it weighs 6 pounds, or it makes you gain 6 pounds with every piece you eat. It is so rich and creamy and of course, full of good old Georgia pecans. I think now that I think about it, the 6 pounds are attached as you chew. Who cares? It's Christmas....You are suppose to eat goodies. That is what New Year's Resolutions are made for. The diet that gets old rather quickly. Eat now for tomorrow you may not be here. My Daddy use to say, "I am not going to die poor and hungry too". He enjoyed eating and a lot of that is because Mama was such a good cook for him.

I also made some Haystacks. They are so crunchy and addictive. They are like potato chips, you just can't eat one. One taste like must....you must have another one. Both the Fudge and the Haystacks are sinfully good.

I am listening to my new CD that I got for Christmas, from Rischa, Joel and Kolby; "Believe" 'Country's Most Inspirational Songs, preformed by The Country Dance Kings. It has a lot of good songs on it. I am really enjoying it.

I also have another new CD. The name of it is "One Life" by 33 Miles. It is a really good CD too. One of the singers is an IN LAW brother, my son in law's brother. They have another one too. Maybe I can get it at some point and time too. They are a fairly new group. Their web site is: http://www.33milesonline.com/. Check them out.

I have not been contributing much to my new addiction today....YOUTUBE. I did watch some painting videos this morning but have not had time this afternoon. I just may go into DT's if I don't watch at least one painting video before I go to bed. They are also like potato chips, you can't watch just one. Then, before you know it you have been sitting there for an hour or so. That's OK, I am relaxed when I am doing that. Everyone needs some relaxation sometimes.

This day that I started this entry just turned into tomorrow. It is time to say Good Night John Boy.

1 comment:

Rischa said...

Ha....guess what I just got done watching....YouTube videos! It IS addicting, isn't it!

Mmm...fudge! I gained a pound just imagining how yummy it is!

I'm so glad you like your CD! I love some of those songs on it. Like the Dance song by Leanne Womack. (sp?) I'll always love that one. The video is so sweet, too.

I know there was something else that I was going to respond to about your post, but I can't remember now.

I love you,
Rischa

PS Tell everyone hello and I love them at Mam-maw's tomorrow. I wish I was there. *sobs* Pictures!!! Take pics!!!