Friday, January 9, 2009

YUMMY OATMEAL COOKIES AND A LOST DOGGIE

I have been baking some Yummy Oatmeal Cookies. They are really scrumpdilleyishous. You don't have to bake them all at one time. Just store unused dough, covered, in the refrigerator and get out what you want to cook each time. Here is the recipe if you wish to try it.

YUMMY OATMEAL COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup white raisins
2 cups lightly toasted, coarsely, chopped nuts
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350*
Grease cookie sheet lightly. Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and beat until mixture is light in color. Add buttermilk. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder,salt and spices; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in oatmeal, raisins, nuts, and vanilla, blending well. Chill dough for about an hour. Drop by rounded teaspoons full onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden around edges.

Sorry I did not get around to posting anything last night but I was just to tired. My second full day, I mean FULL day, was very busy. I was dragging my tail feathers. Then our neighbor called about a little dog that had appeared at their house. She knew that we had one like her and thought she might be ours. I went to check to see if ours was in her bed and she was. I called her back and she said that she was afraid that her big dog would hurt her so I told her that I would put her in one of our kennels and we would try to find her owner. We put up posters today but she is still with us. She is really a pretty and sweet little dog. She looks like a cross between a Jack Russell and a Rat Terrier or Fiest. I really would not mind keeping her. My soft heart loves animals. I will get a picture of her tomorrow to show you. She has been well taken care of.

I plan to crawl on my perch early tonight so I will cease and desist with this post, and I will say "Good Night John Boy".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing pictures, and sleep good Mary Ellen, Love Fern Dollie, to pooped to pop also.

Rischa said...

The cookies sound yummy. Did you save me one? :-P

Do we get to see pics of the lost doggie?

Love you,
Eba