Monday, January 5, 2009

INTRODUCING SOME OF MY ART TO MY BLOG

These are my Corn Dollies with Kokopelli playing his little flute, to make them produce happily. This is an acrylic
This is a wet on wet oil painting that I did along with a friend of mine, B.J. Jackson, while in Tennessee one week end.


My cute little Strawberry Guinea keeping an eye on things. You can see the dog tail good in this one, on the right, about half way up. This is an acrylic.


This is an oil painting. This is one of two lighthouses that I did. The other one lives at someone else's house now. I think I can sneak over there and get a picture of it though, since it is at my Mama's house.


This is my SKINNY OLD cow. Poor thing needs something to eat besides rocks and parched dirt from that hot sun. Try to ignore the glare, from the flash and from his eyes. Those eyes look kind of wicked. This is an acrylic.





This was my first use of black gesso with the butterflies on the butterfly bush. This is an acrylic.





Kolby calls this one "My Happy Little Tire Swing". This is a watercolor. Kolby has had a happy little tire swing here since he was a very small boy. He is 16 now. Shelly (7)and Emmy (3) play on it now too.





This is an oil painting of a little cabin.








This is one of the oldest ones I have. It is an oil painting that was done with a pallet knife while I was in high school. I have just in the last 5 years took up painting again and wish I had time to do more of it and also wish that I had done more of it over the years.






This is an acrylic of Jesus. You see very few pictures of Jesus smiling and it is hard to see it with my photography, but there is a glow around His head beaming to Heaven. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it so you can see it larger and up close, you may see the beams. This is my most favorite one. When I finished and put it in the frame, it took my breath and tears come to my eyes. I can't tell you just how I felt....maybe like Jesus was telling me thank you.
My photography is not to good. There are glares on some of them that I need help with from my dear darling daughter. Rischa, Jeff (my brother) and Katie (my niece) are the photographers. Don't be to critical of me please...just wanted to share. I would like some comments though, from anyone out there, please. I have more but will let this be it for tonight. I wish that I had made pictures of the ones that have left my possession. Hind sight is 20-20.
Oh, just a little tid bit of info about the way I sign my paintings. I always put a dog tail somewhere, as well as my signature and year date. The dog tail story is from when my children were small. If they asked me to draw them a picture of a dog, I would draw a house with only the dog's tail sticking out from behind it and say, "there is your dog, whatever kind you want him to be". That kind of stuck with me. The tail is there somewhere on all of my paintings. Some may be incognito, but they are there. Yes, even in the one of Jesus....it is within my signature.
More another time...it is time now to say, "Good Night John Boy!"









3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my gosh! You are such a good painter! I can't choose my favorite but my top 3 are the strawberry guinea and the skinny cow and the picture of Jesus. Wonderful!

Rischa said...

Yep, yep...I agree with Denise. You're a wonderful painter. My favorite will ALWAYS be the Strawberry Guinea! I just love it! Second would be the Happy Tire Swing. The Jesus one is most special, though, eh?

Katie said...

It gives me great hope that I come from a family with such wonderfully talented artists! I LOVE the strawberry guinea. It actually reminds me of one of my very favorite paintings, The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch. Here's the Wikipedia entry on it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights