Sunday, January 25, 2009

"ISHKABIBBLE" PAINTING


I finished my ishkabibble painting....it's more of a sign, I guess. I am not happy with it and may change things all around but for now, here it is. I have so many inspirations in my head that I will probably leave it like it is or paint over it completely and start over again. Who knows? This picture looks even less desirable. I painted the board yellow first and then put green on top. I used a piece of plastic wrap on top of the wet paint to snatch some of it off. It gave it kind of a funkie leather look. Then I added the stamps and the words. Last I put a glaze on top. Any suggestions anyone ????




2 comments:

Denise said...

I like the patterns you have going on in this sign. The colors too. I like using plastic wrap over the top of wet paint, I think it gives it such a cool look. Don't paint over it! Just put it away for a while and work on something else. You'll be inspired by something along the way and go back to it.

Rischa said...

I like your Ishkabibble sign/painting. Knowing you, though, I'm surprised that it doesn't have more color in it. I know you like color. I agree with Denise....If you're not satisfied with it, set it aside for later. Do something else if you have other inspirations hitting you. You can always come back. There's nothing wrong with starting over, either, though. I think it's cool like it is, but since you asked for suggestions....there they are.

Can't wait to see you in two weeks!

Love you,
Eba